Monday, May 21, 2012

LOVE

My new desire is Love. All over the Bible it talks about love. Love for God, Love for His Son and Love for others. So many days I am bogged down with too many things to do. Busyness can get us confused about what our work as Christians really is. We struggle to be good, do what's right and accomplish the work that has been laid on our heart and all of this is just too much if we don't have Love! My goal over the next few months is to express love to others. This will take a lot of work as I am always moving in high gear to get things done. Our accomplishments mean nothing without love. As a missionary living in Tanzania I find it hard to love, I find that I don't have time for it with all the things that are required of me. But who do I work for? Shining a Light? No, I work for God and His requirement is that I love Him and others. Showing love to another person is often too much for us to get involved in but I challenge you to attempt the unconditional love that our Lord has for us. Not just the people we find easy to love but those who test us, hurt us and deceive us. Those that are hard to love! While you work at this difficult task know that I am doing the same. The women I work with are not always easy to love. They test my patience and don't always appreciate my views BUT it's the real work that has been given to me and I will do my best to make my Father proud. And just look at these faces, what's not to LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment