Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sharing the Gospel

This past week we had a break down of the Gospel. I have been teaching on Business as a Mission for the past month and was getting a lot of questions that made me think that maybe their idea of the Gospel isn't quite clear and that maybe even some of them didn't know it at all. So, Screech!!!! I put on the breaks and took a few steps back. I began to think about how to share it without making it long complicated and more confusing. It's not that i think the Gospel is confusing but translating it into a different language in a different culture isn't always easy. I have had many, MANY misunderstandings the past 4 years i have been here.

First of all we bought Bibles. My friend Kendall and I ( we went through Teen Challenge together) got all excited about sharing this important story with our women. We bought Bibles, found a new believers Bible Study and Prayed for about a week that God would open their hearts.

We met last week and just shared our heart. I told them what Jesus did for me and what he is still doing everyday. I gave Bibles to Muslims who were excited to hear more and we had ladies sharing what God means to them. Afterwards we prayed. I asked if any had prayer requests and they laughed as they all put their hands up as if saying "who doesn't?"

This is what it's all about. I work so hard to make a quality sandal, manage our employees, work on contracts and job descriptions but this is the real work, the work that will really transform these women and their families.



No comments:

Post a Comment