Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good Mornings!


Here in Tanzania the best part of my days are the mornings actually no matter where i am I am always better in the morning. I say i don't like to make any decisions after 2:00pm and although I seem to be joking there is a lot of truth to it. This life as a missionary is WAY outside my box and being patient, kind and loving in a culture that tries my very last bit of patience on a daily bases mostly before 11:00am is a consent challenge. I am assured that others are experiencing the same trials over here but as I look around I mostly see quiet , meek and mild spirits roaming around loving on the very people that ride their nerves and I wonder how can anyone be that sweet. I do know how of course! God is working within us to give us the strength to Love one another when we are not so lovable. But yet I do often ponder why some people get this more then others (Me!).

Yes, mornings are my best times. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day and whatever challenges it will bring me and I KNOW there will be challenges. I try and think about how i got here, how i was chosen for this work and then i try my very hardest to live up to that choice often failing before i even eat lunch. Why am I sharing all these things with you? Who knows. Maybe someone will read this and not feel like they are the only ones dealing with these feelings, maybe its to remind you of the wonderful Grace of God and maybe its to let you know that no matter what you do, God doesn't love you any more or less!

The picture I posted is of the crew that waits outside my gate each morning. Usually by now i am in my car feeling a little anxious about what might be lying ahead for me during the day but then I see these little faces and I realize how very blessed I am to be here, living in Tanzania, working with these beautiful women and surrounded by these adorable kids. I will tell you it makes for GOOD MORNINGS!

Jennifer
www.shiningalight.org

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Jennifer! I met your Mom at a breakfast brunch in our park yesterday! I complimented her on her beautiful sandals. God does work in mysterious ways. Your story is a precious one. Your work and passion for the women/children of Tanzania immeasurable. I to love mornings. The sun is coming up here in Mesa,Az. and a new day is here for all to enjoy! I ordered my Rainbow sandals yesterday and will be anxiously waiting to get them. I will wear them with pride and hope I to can share the story behind them and in some way make a difference. Thank you.

    God Bless & Hugs,
    Karla Lundeen
    Fulltime Rv'er
    Originaly from Florence, Or.

    ReplyDelete